Killing Blow Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Killing Blow Guild Forum

Killing Blow Guild Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Forum Navigation
 Portal
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Wardb
Statistics
We have 78 registered users
The newest registered user is willvall

Our users have posted a total of 498 messages in 154 subjects
Top posters
isilnor
Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Vote_lcapUlvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Voting_barUlvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Vote_rcap 
lovia
Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Vote_lcapUlvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Voting_barUlvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Vote_rcap 
regain
Lionsloth
Angarath
Murdoc
ZeLL
Ulvar
MaggoT
pewpewidie
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulvar

Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Empty
PostSubject: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:35 am

Hi there fellow guildies...

This application is a bit backwards, since I'm already a member of Killing Blow since a few days. But I was asked to give a presentation of my self, so that you guys get a picture of who is hiding behind Ulvar Korptunga.

I was casually roaming around the other day, killing some mobs every now and then, finishing of quests etc when I bumped into Lionsloth. We grouped up for a short while in order to speed up the annihiliation of the camp we both had quests in. After that Lionsloth invited me to join your crew. The timing could not have been better, most of my old Ginnunga friends from the Dark Age of Camelot era (who I played with until now) are taking a little break from the game, and I was starting to get a bit bored of the loneliness...

My first impression of the guild chat was that these guys are crazy, and I loved it. You gave me a lot of laughter during my hunt for the last epic quests...

Yesterday was my first RvR event with Killing Blow, and you guys rock. First a few scenarios, and then large scale RvR times hundred... Had a lot of fun (even thogh the lag spikes was horrible), and I'm sure it will stay that way. Looking forward to some great time together with you, and some exciting PVE/PVP action.

I don't consider myself to be the best hardcore uber player out there, more of a casual/having fun type of guy when it comes to MMOs, trying to do my best and have fun. I'm not on the hunt for the best equipment, most kills etc, it's just a game after all... My main problem when it comes to gaiming is that I never seems to learn the location of stuff, and get lost every now and then, hope you can bear with that... Wink

Now a little about me. English is not my native language, I live in Sweden and is 33 years old (guys I'm in the upper cluster of ppl playing...). . I am a divorced father of two young boys, which means that I will have lots of time to play about 50% of the time, and very little time to play the other time. I will get familiar with your homepage in order to find out about upcomming guild raids, events etc.

My interest in MMORPGs started with Dark Age of Camelot, which I played for about two years. Ended up with an account containing the two most gimped DAOC char Mythic have ever designed, one Hunter and one Thane. Had fun even if these classes had issues anyway though... Tried out Lord of the Ring and Age of Conan after that, but didn't really got hooked the same way I got with DAOC. I hope this will be the great game it has the potential to be, and that I once again get this feeling that sleep is just a waste of time.. Wink

Also I will try to get this vent stuff set up. I have no idea what it is and what I need to buy to get it to work, but was informed that information should be available here somewhere? If someone who already knows where this information can be found would read this, please point me to the location so that I can try to get the equipment today for the weekend action (no kids...).

If you need assistance with anything in the game, please ask me and I'll try to help. Got some high lvl blue gear that I saved, I will store that in guild vault if anybody is interested.

Well, a short presentation about me, c'ya in game folks....

Salut....
Back to top Go down
Ulvar

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:38 am

Ulvar wrote:

(guys I'm in the upper cluster of ppl playing...).

equals = (guess I'm in the upper cluster of ppl playing...).

scratch
Back to top Go down
Ulvar

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:44 am

Found the vent stuff on the forum, guess I'll need to buy a headset, and download SW. Then I should be good to go or?
Back to top Go down
Ulvar

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:15 am

And here is a more correct form of application, sry but I missed the requested form to fill out....

What is your name?
>> Fredrik Liljegren

What is your ingame name?
>> Ulvar Korptunga

How old are you?
>> 33

What is your sex (female/male)?
>> male

Where are you from?
>> Sweden

For how long are you playing WAR?
>> I have played for a month, and will probably stay for a long time

For how long are you playing the character you are applying for?
>> Same as above

What class is the character u are applying for? What Rank? What Renown Rank?
>> Swordmaster, rank 38, rr 21

Is there any certain way that you are willing to play your character (mastery selection)?
>> Right now I'm Hoeth spec, but am willing to change it according to the need of the guild. Perhaps a more defensiv Vaul spec is better, please let me know. Hoeth was mainly to xp fast to get to 40...

Which professions have you chosen?
>> Apothecary

Why you chose them?
>> Nice with potions, but really dont tend to much crafting in MMORPGs...

Can you describe us or better link us your gear?
http://realmwar.war-europe.com/realmwar/CharacterInfo.war?id=92911&server=13

Can you use a teamspeak or ventrilo?
>> Will buy the equipment stuff during the weekend, or perhaps today

Do you have a properly working microphone?
>> See above

For how long are you playing mmorpgs?
Which ones?
>> About five years, with breaks in between. Daoc, Lotro, AoC

If you have played any other mmorpgs, which ones you consider more important and with what criteria you make the choice?
>> Daoc really got me hooked beyond my personal health... ;-)
It had good pve and pvp.

What other games have you played?
>> Diablo, Fall Out, Quake, Red Alert to mention a few. Been a gamer for as long as I can remember

Which ones you consider importan and with what criteria?
>> Again I have to say Daoc, I really like the online aspect of gaming, and making friends

Why you choose KillingBlow and not some other guild?
>> Random bump into Lionsloth who invited me

What do you think that having the Guild name over your head will change in the game experience?
>> A lot, means not only responsibility for what you do and you behave. Bearing a guild name and a guild cloak comes with much more responsibility which I will really will nurture for!

Which part of the game you enjoy the most?
>> 50/50, enjoy PVE as much as PVP

What are your other interests outside the game?
>> My two sons occupies most of my time outside the virtual world

What do you study or have studied?
>> Bachelor degree of tele and data communications

Do you have any real life or ingame friends in the guild? (please state the origin next to the names)
>> Nope, have some real life friends playing in Ginnunga on same server though. Ginnunga however is a more hard core guild now then back in the DAOC period, and require certain participate time in stuff they do. And even though I will play a lot and really enjoy guild events, I can't promise certain game time during different periods, due to the fact that I am a divorced father with the kids at home 50/50

Where from you play the game? (home/internet cafe/else)
>> Home only

You use only the standar UI or any addons?
>> Standard

Which?

You use the default movement buttons or you have remapped them?
>> Remapped, will try out the WASD conf as well, that's new for me.

Where?
>> Numpad

Any nonstandar keybinds or macros you use?
>> Not yet

Anything you want to share about your playstyle and is not included in the above questions?
>> A guy who play for the fun part of it, and really enjoy to gank a destro...

Do you consider the questions helpfull?
>> Sure, easier to fill out a form than writing a novel about yourself, even though I already did that... ;-)

Do you consider any questions not relative or not understandable?
>> I don't understand the question with which movement buttons and the key binding you use, but I'm sure they serve a purpose. Perhaps to get a bigger picture of the skill of the player.
Back to top Go down
Lionsloth

Lionsloth

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:31 am

A bit too late for that but welcome Very Happy... hope u like it here... me and the others r waiting patiently to hear ur sexy voice on vent Razz... i know with ur attitude towards things u'll love it here... cya ingame Smile
Back to top Go down
Ulvar

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:55 am

Hehe... I'm pretty sure as well that I'll find myself at home with this bunch of ppl...

I just got back from lunch, and now I'm the proud owner of some elite stuff for vent activity, so look out for a smooth elven voice every now and then... I understand that it makes coordination of a crew so much easier.

C'ya, and thanks for letting me be a part of your guild!

P.S. Btw, does accepted indicate a membership or a trial?
Back to top Go down
Lionsloth

Lionsloth

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:29 am

indicates trial... trial is just there for people who join and then decide to leave 2 or 3 days afterwards... but i think in ur case ur not those kind of people Very Happy... once i go ingame i'll b sure to u assign u member Smile
Back to top Go down
Ulvar

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:43 am

Muchos gracias, I will certainly not leave this guild, or this game...
Back to top Go down
isilnor
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:06 am

Ulvar wrote:
Muchos gracias, I will certainly not leave this guild, or this game...

1 of the greatest post in our forums Very Happy

especially for your faith in WAR...

welcome m8

cya in battlefield ';..;'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<   Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ulvar Korptunga -SM- r38 rr21 >>Accepted<<
Page 1 of 1